It will be 2018 in a little over a month. YES, 2018! Crazy right and if you’re anything like me you are probably like, ” Oh its okay if I don’t complete some of the goals I had for 2017. I can just tack them on to 2018 goals”. Okay, NO! We still have a month in 2017 so why put off what can be done today for tomorrow? or what can be accomplished before the year is up for 2018? I know sometimes we can lack motivation especially when it comes to holidays and the end of the year. I mean we have Thanksgiving and then shortly after its Christmas. Many of us are traveling and preparing for the new year, but take a minute to PAUSE. Go over that goal list and see what you still have time to accomplish. Motivation may be on E but that doesn’t mean ambition has to be on E. Regroup, Recenter, and Refocus. I listed some of the ways below that keeps me going when motivation is lacking. If you are having the end of the year blues and not really motivated to accomplish the rest of your goals hopefully some of my ideas help to get you back on track!
1. Take some to meditate pray, regroup. Remember your WHY?
2. Start making your goal list short and shorter as the weeks go on. Everyone needs a break no matter how hard we want to work. As we get closer to the end of the year start shortening your weekly and daily goals. So that when its that last week of December you are able to enjoy the holidays and have a majority of your goals accomplished.
3. Practice reading affirmations every morning. Starting your day on positivity is the best believe it or not! Listen to a podcast! One Church La is one of my favorite podcast at the moment. Pastor Toure Roberts messages are ALWAYS on time.
4. Add a workout routine into your daily schedule, Yes DAILY! Working out allows you to release steam and gives you more energy! Try a 30-minute workout every morning before you start your day or after work.
5. Look at the goals that you have already accomplished and take the time out to see what ALL you have accomplished. Applaud yourself for all you have done. This will give you the drive to finish the year stronger!
These are just some of my favorite ways to refocus and regroup on my goals. I have tried them more than once and it helps me center myself and remember why I have goals set. We tend to forget our WHY as time goes on and forget why we are doing it. Trust me, I have to remind myself all the time of my WHY when it comes to my blog. Sometimes I want to give up or simply lack the motivation to finish up a blog post but I constantly remind myself you gotta keep going! Remember your why! Why are you doing this? Why are you working extra hard? What’s your end goal? Don’t give up! 2017 is almost over! How sweet would it be to look back on all your goals and know you accomplished them all. What are some of the ways you keep yourself motivated? If you try out some of my suggestions let me know how they work out.